Skip to main content

Baby Bottle Activity Fun!

Looking for a quick, easy, low-cost activity you can put together for your baby to keep them occupied while you get a couple things done around the house? Then this one's for you! 


I had heard about this activity from several different people after my little was born, but never got around to putting it together. Then we went to visit baby's new daycare and they had some small bottles that baby loved so I thought I would finally get my act together and give this activity a go. It was brilliant! My child rarely holds still for more than 5 minutes, but he was very intrigued by these bottles and enjoyed playing with them while I made dinner. 

Here's how you can do it too! 

1. Gather supplies.
For this activity, you'll need



  • Bottles - I used 3 big bottles, 2 old juice bottles and 1 old soda bottle that I rescued from recycling, but you could use bottles of any size or shape. Just make sure they have a good lid that will stay on
  • Fillings - I used uncooked pasta, water and ribbons, but you can use any variety of fillings including
    • Rice (you could dye the rice first to make it an interesting visual as well as an interesting noise when it's in the bottle)
    • Marshmallows
    • Paper clips
    • Scarves
    • Tissue Paper
    • Water
    • Uncooked Pasta
    • Old jewelry
    • Flour
    • Pom poms
    • Anything else you can think of that would look awesome in a bottle!
2. Fill the bottles
You'll probably want to put the lid on and give the bottle a good shake just to make sure the contents of the bottles stay in the bottle!
bottles filled with interesting items

3. GIve to baby to play with! 
Enjoy watching your little one play with their new toys! 


baby playing with bottle

Have you done this activity with your little? What did you put in your bottles? Would love to hear which bottles your baby enjoyed the most! :)

Comments