Skip to main content

Pop-Out Animals | Baby DIY Activity

Baby has been loving opening anything and everything! So I thought it would be fun to create little animals that would pop-out when my little opened a little box. He definitely enjoyed opening the boxes and seeing the animal inside! Here’s how I did it. 

baby-diy-pop-out-activity-pinterest

1. Gather supplies


For this activity, you’ll need: 
  • a box or two with a lid that opens and shuts. I used two cute stationery boxes we had left from baby shower thank you cards.
  • paper
  • pencil/pen
  • scissors
  • tape 
baby-diy-pop-out-activity-supplies

2. Draw the animals 

I am an absolutely terrible drawer so I’ll tell you my secret! There are a ton of drawing videos on YouTube that will walk you through how to draw cute animals! I chose these 2 videos and used a pencil. My drawings came out alright. Just don’t look too closely at the lines! 
You could also color in the animal if you wanted! 

3. Create the pop-out

I did this by cutting out a strip of paper for each box. I then folded the paper in half and then folded a tiny bit from the edge at each end of the strip of paper. I then attached one of the folded edge bits to the top of the box and the other folded edge bit to the bottom of the box using tape.

baby-diy-pop-out-activity-paper


4. Attach the animal to the pop-out 

I cut the animals out of the paper in rectangles and then taped them onto the pop-out. 


5. Play Time!

Let baby open and close the box! My baby loved seeing what was inside the boxes. He did also want to rip the pop-out bit out! 😂 And understandably so! It was very fun to watch him play with it! 

baby-diy-pop-out-activity-playing

Have you ever made pop-outs or tried this activity? Would love to hear about it if you have in the comments below!

Comments