Skip to main content

A Little Refresh

Welcome to Counting Toesies 2.0! I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and I’ve decided to shake things up a bit and focus more on encouraging moms (and dads), on this journey of parenthood. As a Christian mom I have found there to be an overwhelming amount of advice and opinions on how to raise my children, but not as much encouragement about being a mother in a way that also celebrates children.

We are expecting baby number 2 at the start of December and couldn’t be more excited. It hasn’t been the easiest of pregnancy journeys (with either of our kids actually), and it’s helped me realize what a gift children are. I really want to celebrate my children as best I can while also focusing and drawing my strength from God and all of the encouragement He offers as I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today without His faithfulness and encouragement.

joy-and-encouragement-bible-verse

So I’m hoping to bring a little more encouragement to all the parents out there in a way that celebrates our children and also share my journey a little bit! There are obviously times where children feel more like tests than gifts :P. But I’ve found for myself it’s much more uplifting to focus on what a blessing and how thankful I am for my child than to focus on the negatives. I also want to be real though, so hopefully, I can find a good balance of realness and encouragement! I am also planning to continue to have blog posts about activities, ideas, and resources I’ve found useful and hopefully some ways to make life easier! So stay tuned! Would love to hear from you about what you find encouraging. Feel free to leave a comment below or send an email!

Comments